Today we decided to visit our beachfront cottage. As in, we parked our Paseo on the coast road hard up against the beach!
It was still cloudy due to the marine layer, so the first things we did were RV projects.
Before we actually left for the beach, I installed the now-modified ladder bracket. Dremel to the rescue! With the slightly longer slot, that was the 5 minute job it should have been in the first place.
And now with the right screws, the cushions magnets went fairly smoothly. Did discover that for 3 of the 4 holes, I was hitting steel instead of wood. So that made it a slightly larger challenge, but not too bad. Just a surprise.
So, jobs from the previous day finally done.
I had picked up some foam weatherstripping to address a few issues.
Added some foam tape (stacked up) at passenger side window where the factory insulation left a gap. This is just the stuff between the window with the screen and the one aft of it.
Found a couple spots around the screen door structure that would let bugs in, so addressed those as well.
One rear door panel was loose, so removing an appearance cap and tightening the loose screw solved that rattle. Also added some foam tape to keep the long horizontal expanse that lacks screws from rattling as well. I hope.
Taped down the non-skid matting under the benches, and added a little more.
Jobs done, we relaxed and began to just enjoy chilling out on the beach!
After getting all our feet (8 of them! Well, 50% feet and 50% paws) wet and sandy, we discovered a couple things. One is that the running boards make a good place to put wet shoes to dry. The second and more significant is the usefulness of the water outlet and sprayer inside the rear doors. That did a great job of cleaning up the dog’s paws as well as our feet. Nice work Winnebago!